University of Arizona
Accessible media is crucial for students with disabilities, but it can also provide tremendous benefits for all students. The University of Arizona has an agreement in place with Verbit (formerly AST) to provide captioning services at special pricing for all University of Arizona member organizations. Making media accessible is an obligation of all media producers, but it can be a challenge. Verbit stands out for its quality, simplicity, and top-notch support. Users can quickly and easily submit their media online and have captions returned directly to your video system. If you have a transcript already, we can create the caption files in a matter of minutes. If not, we will create the transcript for you using our technology and trained transcribers.
Quick Start Guide
The following steps will have you captioning your media in no time:
- Step 1: If you do not yet have a Verbit login, complete our account setup form. Please use “uarizona” in the Reference Code field when completing the form. You will get an email back from our support folks with your account credentials.
- Step 2: If you are new to Verbit, watch our New Users Tutorial to see how it all works.
- Step 3: Once you have a Verbit login ID, proceed to the login page to access your account. Once you submit your media file(s), the results will be emailed back to you as soon as they are complete.
We believe that Verbit offers the best blend of automation and trained professional captioning available. Verbit is also one of the most cost-effective solutions. Here are some of the reasons to work with Verbit:
- Quality: Verbit uses trained professional transcribers in addition to sophisticated AI to generate our transcripts.
- Service: Our success is dependent on your success — so we do everything we can to ensure your success.
- Simplicity: Using Verbit requires no special software or skills — just submit your media via our website and wait for the results.
- Integration: Verbit offers integrations with a number of lecture capture systems. If you wish to integrate Verbit into your own automated workflow, try our simple, user-friendly interface.
- Output types: Verbit produces over 100 different output types to support a broad range of players and media. If you don’t see what you need, just give us a call.
- Redo: Verbit offers a redo feature that allows you to make changes to your transcript, changes to the captioning options, or select alternate output types — all for no cost.
- Expertise: Our dedicated efforts in captioning technologies and our long history with the University of Arizona users give us an edge. Our expertise is reflected in our product and much of it is shared in our tutorials.
More questions? Use these pointers to help get answers:
- If you need additional information, pricing, or help getting started, please contact us.
- Visit our archive of tutorials on how to use Verbit, and on captioning topics in general.
- To see what types of media you can submit to us, visit our list of acceptable media formats for submission.
- To see a list of caption file types you can get back from us, visit our list of output types.
- If you have a technical support issue, please complete a support request.
Not with the University of Arizona?
If you are not with the University of Arizona and are interested in making your own system-wide arrangements with Verbit, please contact us to discuss.