University of Wisconsin System
Accessible media is crucial for students with disabilities, but it can also provide tremendous benefits for all students. Thanks to the dedicated efforts of UW’s Technology Accessibility Program and others, Verbit (formerly AST) has entered into a contract to provide captioning services for the entire University of Wisconsin system with special pricing. Making media accessible is an obligation of all media producers, but it can be a challenge. Verbit stands out for its simplicity and speed. Via the web, users can quickly and easily submit their media and have captions in a variety of file formats returned via email. If you have a transcript already, we can create the caption files in a matter of minutes. If not, we will create the transcript for you using our technology and trained stenographers.
Quick Start Guide
The following steps will have you captioning your media in no time:
- Step 1: If do not yet have a Verbit login, complete our account setup form. You will get an email back from our support folks with your account credentials.
- Step 2: If you are new to Verbit, watch our New Users Tutorial to see how it all works.
- Step 3: Once you have a Verbit login ID, proceed to the login page to access your account. Once you submit your media file(s), the results will be emailed back to you as soon as they are complete.
We believe that Verbit offers the best blend of automation and trained professional captioning available. Verbit is also one of the most cost-effective solutions. Here are some of the reasons to work with Verbit:
- Quality: Verbit uses trained professional transcribers in addition to sophisticated AI to generate our transcripts.
- Service: Our success is dependent on your success — so we do everything we can to ensure your success.
- Simplicity: Using Verbit requires no special software or skills — just submit your media via our website and wait for the results.
- Integration: Verbit offers integrations with a number of lecture capture systems. If you wish to integrate Verbit into your own automated workflow, try our simple, user-friendly interface.
- Output types: Verbit produces over 100 different output types to support a broad range of players and media. If you don’t see what you need, just give us a call.
- Redo: Verbit offers a redo feature that allows you to make changes to your transcript, changes to the captioning options, or select alternate output types — all for no cost.
- Expertise: Our dedicated efforts in captioning technologies and our long history with the UW System users give us an edge. Our expertise is reflected in our product and much of it is shared in our tutorials.
More questions? Use these pointers to help get answers:
- If you need additional information, pricing, or help getting started, please contact us.
- Visit our archive of tutorials on how to use Verbit, and on captioning topics in general.
- To see what types of media you can submit to us, visit our list of acceptable media formats for submission.
- To see a list of caption file types that you can get back from us, visit our list of output types.
- If you have a technical support issue, please complete a support request.
Not in the UW System?
If you are not with the UW System and are interested in making your own system-wide arrangements with Verbit, please contact us to discuss.