California Community Colleges (CCCs)
Accessible media is crucial for students with disabilities, but it can also provide tremendous benefits for all students. Verbit (formerly AST) is an approved post-production captioning vendor for the California Community College (CCC) System. We’ve been providing services to CCCs for over 10 years and have worked with over 45 campuses within the system. We provide captioning, live captioning, and audio description services at special pricing for all CCC colleges.
When using Verbit, you can easily submit your media for transcription and captioning with just a few clicks. Verbit integrates into nearly all video platforms, including those used widely by CCC campuses, such as Panopto, Mediasite and VoiceThread. We also provide captioning for campuses that use TechConnect/3C Media.
A full suite of video accessibility solutions are available for purchase under Verbit’s partnership with the CCCs. Main offerings include, but are not limited to:
Submit your audio or video recordings, and Verbit will produce accurate closed captions with precise timecodes that are ready to use on any video platform. Choose from as many formats as you need at no extra charge, and receive your caption files within minutes. You can download them, have them emailed, or delivered directly to your video platform. We can also translate these files to produce subtitles for you in other languages.
Audio description provides a way for individuals who are blind or have low vision to experience visual information through narrated descriptions. Verbit works with experienced professionals to deliver studio-quality descriptive audio that is clear and inclusive.
From live captioning to CART services, Verbit delivers the same quality and support that have made us the industry leader in post-production closed captioning for educators, government agencies and cultural institutions.
Production transcripts, or time-coded transcripts, are full transcripts of your media file with a periodic time stamp. Time stamps are typically placed at every speaker change and sometimes within a speaker’s monologue, but Verbit allows you to select the time stamp frequency to suit your needs.
Production transcripts are helpful for video editors to quickly identify specific moments for editing, saving significant time in post-production. Time-coded transcripts can also be used for interviews, focus groups, depositions, and panel discussion recordings.
How To Begin Captioning Efforts
Campus representatives can take these steps to get started with Verbit:
- Step 1: Sign up for a free account via the Sign-Up Form.
- Step 2: If you’re new to Verbit, watch the New Users Tutorial to learn how it works.
- Step 3: Review the CCC Campus Purchasing Guide.
- Step 4: Connect with your Account Executive to discuss captioning and implementation needs.
- Step 5: Submit your first captioning request via the Portal.
Customer Success & Account Manager for CCC Customers
Lindsay Tulloss, Customer Success Manager
Phone Number: (929) 395-1957
Helpful California Community College Resources
- Distance Learning Captioning and Transcription (DECT) Grant Program Information
- Visit our archive of tutorials on how to use Verbit and captioning topics in general
- To see what types of media you can submit to us, visit our list of acceptable media formats for submission
- To see a list of caption file types, you can get back from us, visit our list of output types
If you have a technical support issue, please complete a support request.