One of the most impressive new features in Verbit’s toolset is the Verbit Smart Player. This video player with interactive transcript features moves captioning beyond its original purpose. The Smart Player takes advantage of the captioning data to create a more engaging viewer experience. With this tool, the audio track synchronizes with the transcript. Viewers will notice that each sentence or phrase will appear as highlighted to match the audio. The Smart Player also allows viewers to click on individual words in the transcript and jump to specific points in the video or look up the word in a dictionary or encyclopedia. Another exciting feature lets you easily generate closed captioning and transcripts for online videos you don’t own, including YouTube videos.
Here are a few other features, including ways to search and share videos with the Smart Player.
- Interactive transcripts allow you to see the text and immediately jump to any point in the video by clicking on a word in the transcript
- Text Search
- Dictionary lookup
- Wikipedia lookup
- WCAG 2 Level AA compliance, with high contrast layout, keyboard controls, and audio description features.
- SEO and search improvements with fully-indexed content for web crawlers
- Trim the video and share a clip via Facebook, Twitter or a direct URL
- Embed the player on a website
- Caption online videos you don’t own
- Add search and other interactive features to podcasts and other audio-only files
The best way to learn the impact that the Verbit Smart Player can have is to see it for yourself. Watch our video below.