The Pennsylvania State University System
Accessibility at Penn State
Penn State’s dedicated accessibility team contracted with Verbit (formerly AST) to offer captioning services at special pricing for the entire University system.
The Penn State Senate has been using Verbit for the past 10 months. Here’s what they have to say about their experience:
“Verbit is the most efficient and easiest captioning service I have worked with. Their post-production captioning has exceptionally quick turnaround times, high accuracy, and a user-friendly interface to upload your media and download your transcript. With great pricing and even greater customer support, it meets all of our accessibility needs and budget requirements in spades.” – Destiny Anderson at the Office of the University Faculty Senate
Available Solutions for Penn State
Verbit relies on automatic speech recognition technology, combined with human transcribers, to create high-quality, accurate captions and transcripts.
Verbit offers captioning and transcription in English with turnaround times to fit your needs. Get your captioned content back in anywhere from 12 hours to 5 business days.
Getting started with Verbit is quick and simple. Just follow the steps below.
Quick Start Guide
Here are two quick steps to set up your department for post-production captioning and transcription with Verbit:
- Step 1: If you don’t have a Verbit login, complete this account setup form. You’ll get an email back within 48 hours with your account credentials. Please note, there should only be one account per department and you will need your department’s business area and department number to complete the form.
- Step 2: Once you have a Verbit login, visit the login page to access your account. This is a great time to set up the YouTube integration and create any additional users (if applicable).
Ready to get started? The resources below are a great starting point.
Billing, Admin and User Management
Support Articles for Verbit (Postproduction)
For technical support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Verbit offers the best blend of automation and trained professional captioning available. Through our process, we provide one of the most cost-effective solutions while maintaining accuracy. Here are some of the reasons Verbit is a great choice:
- Quality: Verbit uses proprietary AI in conjunction with our trained professional transcribers to generate our transcripts. Our process allows us to efficiently achieve reliable, accurate results.
- Service: Our success is dependent on your success. That’s why we offer a dedicated Penn State support team.
- Simplicity: Using Verbit requires no special software or skills — just upload your media to our platform and wait for the results.
- Integration: Verbit integrates with a number of lecture capture systems making it easy to caption your content.
- Output types: Verbit supports a broad range of players and media types. If you don’t see what you need, just reach out.
- Redo: Verbit offers a redo feature that allows you to make changes to your transcript, changes to the captioning options, or to select alternate output types — all for no cost.