At Verbit, our people are at the heart of what we do. We place a lot of importance on finding the best of the best to create, manage, market and sell our cutting-edge AI platform that is revolutionizing the transcription and captioning industry.
We’re hiring a Legal Transcriptionist to become a key player on our transcription team. In this role, the successful candidate will be We’re looking for a Legal Transcription Specialist to join our Platform and Delivery team. We are looking for a native English speaker, specialized in legal transcription for American courts. As part of the job you will be required to:
- Transcribe and proofread legal transcription files of various proceeding types
- Communicate effectively and complete projects with strict deadlines.
- Apply varying customer guidelines and preferences to produce an accurate and correctly formatted final transcript.
**This is a remote position**
404 5th Avenue
- Demonstrate advanced competency in and experience with U.S. legal proceedings and terminology
- Be extremely thorough and meticulous. Attention to detail is a MUST
- Be able to absorb and apply new patterns and rule guidelines from a sample document or guideline manual
- At least two years of legal transcription experience
- Typing speed of 65 WPM or more - a plus
- Native English speaker
- Background in linguistics, criminal justice, law, proofreading, or editing a plus but not required
- AAERT CET or CER certification a plus but not required
- NCRA RPR certification is a huge plus but not required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work independently
- Ability to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Mastery of English grammar and punctuation rules
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
404 5th Avenue