What Makes Verbit Unique?
Verbit’s 500+ individuals share a vision of making all video and audio content accessible to everyone. Verbit’s in-house, AI-based solutions take live and recorded audio and video to the next level with the support of 35,000 human professional transcribers. Our captioning, transcription, translation and audio description are trusted by more than 2,000 customers globally, including leading universities, corporations, legal agencies and media entities to make their content accessible, engaging and interactive!
Verbitizers are actively making the world more equitable for individuals with disabilities every day. After achieving the milestone of becoming a “unicorn company” and showcasing 6x revenue growth year over year, we are humbled and still fascinated by this ride. Verbit currently has a market cap of $2B, which is still growing. You too can join our journey toward accessibility and the reinvention of industry practices. Join our offices in New York, San Francisco, Tel Aviv and Kyiv to take advantage of flexible remote work opportunities and work with amazing people.
Do You Have Verbitzer DNA?
Verbitizers have the initiative to bring goals and dreams to fruition with a can-do attitude and the motivation of true go-getters.
We’re a group of:
● Tech-savvy individuals who are always open to more growth and learning opportunities
● Adaptable and flexible people who thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
● Creative minds who rethink and question how to outperform past results
● Effective communicators who can promote and represent Verbit’s tech and brand
We are currently seeking Unified Communications System Engineer to join our G&A group at VITAC, a core division of The Verbit Group. VITAC's 35 years of captioning expertise together with Verbit's dual Artificial Intelligence + Human Intelligence method, makes us the most trusted solution for ensuring all video and audio content, both live and recorded, is accessible to everyone.
This position will be a member of the Unified Communications and Network team responsible for the planning, design, build, and support of the Verbit Group of Companies collaboration and system platforms. The objective of this role is to deliver effective technology that best enables the Verbit Group of Companies business growth, productivity, and operational stability. This includes but is not limited to telephony, email, network (wireless and lan) and security.
The scope of work may include but is not limited to the following:
- Perform the troubleshooting of data, email, voice, network (switches, routers, and firewalls), and other hardware problems.
- Improves operations by monitoring system performance, identifying and resolving problems, and defining action plans.
- Implement and maintain collaboration security best practices by assessing current threats, vulnerabilities, risks, and associated technical countermeasures.
- Build, maintain, and audit all network and infrastructure related documentation as it relates to configuration, processes, services records, asset inventories, topologies, administration manuals, job instructions, support contracts, etc.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in operations management, attend educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional forums.
- Exercise independent judgement and decision making on complex issues regarding area of responsibilities and tasks.
- Support of onsite and remote workforce and provide solutions for efficiency in managing solutions supporting both types of workers
- Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including all backups
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience supporting Unified Communications, including PBX, SIP, Voicemail, Hard/Soft Phone Mobility Solutions, MS Teams, SOPHOS, Cisco/Meraki
- Experience supporting external Telco services such as vendor management, SIP, POTS, T1/E1, etc.
- Experience supporting a UC environment and solutions (Slack, Zoom, O365 (including SharePoint), etc.)
- Working knowledge of Infosec best practices around UC and integrations.
- Strong interpersonal skills such as the ability to transfer knowledge, speak in front of others.
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Adaptive to change, responds positively to altered circumstances or conditions
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at once.
- Experience implementing, maintaining, and upgrading Windows Server OS and Active Directory Domains.
- Experience managing and growing virtualized infrastructures using best practice and modern technology
- Modern cloud-centric thinking to assist in our digital transformation and integration for reliable systems across all Verbit group companies.
- Location: Remote US Location with strong preference for candidates in the Eastern Time Zone
Verbit is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.