About the role
We are currently looking for an Assistant Controller to join our finance team in Tel-Aviv.
As an Assistant Controller, you will support financial reporting and analysis. The Assistant Controller will have daily, monthly, and quarterly reporting responsibilities and will report to the Senior Controller. This position is hands-on, interacting and coordinating with colleagues in various operational departments to ensure proper accounting treatment, execution of accounting functions, and reporting of results.
- Assisting the Senior Controller in the overall management of the IL controllership team and any other tasks set by the finance management team.
- Full accountability over the financial books of Entities in the Group.
- Responsible for local statutory financials of Entities in the Group in compliance with US GAAP and tax returns (including transfer pricing review).
- Participating in the monthly and quarterly financial closing, consolidation, reporting process of the company, and additional data as required by the corporate reporting package.
- Support the scope of the audit with external auditors, ensuring all financial information is properly documented.
- Lead and Support ongoing analytics and improvements of ongoing financial processes including integration of finance tools to enhance automation. Partner with leaders across the company to implement and improve finance-related operational processes to efficiently manage the company scale.
- Work closely with procurement department, manage and oversee accounts payable scope across the different finance teams (locally and globally) to improve the current procure-to-pay process.
- Lead the intercompany reconciliation in the Group - set the policy, work closely with other teams in the company to scope the cross-company transactions in accordance with Company’s tax structure, and manage ongoing routines to verify accurate posting of all cross-company transactions and their associated settlements on a timely-manner.
- Support the reporting and payment aspects for any grant received from the IIA including the related audit process.
- Support ad-hoc projects per requirement
In order to be great at this job, you’ll need:
- Certified Public Accountant, from one of the Big 4 firms with up to 2 years of experience, preferably in the High-tech industry
- Bachelor's degree in accounting from a university or a leading college
- Strong accounting knowledge of US GAAP, with a detailed understanding of accounting methods, reporting, bookkeeping and reconciliations
- English proficiency (speaking and writing) – must
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, task-oriented with a hands-on attitude
- Team-oriented and have the confidence in dealing with people at all levels within the organization
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and desire to succeed and make an impact
- Highly motivated, fast learning, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and meet tight deadlines
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office (mainly Excel)
- Familiarity with Netsuite - Advantage
What Makes Verbit Unique?
Verbit’s 500+ individuals share a vision of making all video and audio content accessible to everyone. Verbit’s in-house, AI-based solutions take live and recorded audio and video to the next level with the support of 35,000 human professional transcribers. Our captioning, transcription, translation and audio description are trusted by more than 3,000 customers globally, including leading universities, corporations, legal agencies and media entities to make their content accessible, engaging and interactive!
Verbit is actively making the world more equitable for individuals with disabilities every day. After achieving the milestone of becoming a “unicorn company” and showcasing 6x revenue growth year over year, we are humbled and still fascinated by this ride. Verbit currently has a market cap of $2B, which is still growing. You too can join our journey toward accessibility and the reinvention of industry practices. Join our offices in New York, San Francisco, Tel Aviv and Kyiv to take advantage of flexible remote work opportunities and work with amazing people.
Do You Have Verbiez DNA?
Verbiez has the initiative to bring goals and dreams to fruition with a can-do attitude and the motivation of true go-getters.
We’re a group of:
- Tech-savvy individuals who are always open to more growth and learning opportunities
- Adaptable and flexible people who thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Creative minds who rethink and question how to outperform past results
- Effective communicators who can promote and represent Verbit’s tech and brand