About the role
We are currently seeking an Engineer to join our Realtime Technical Services group at VITAC, a core division of The Verbit Group. VITAC's 35 years of captioning expertise together with Verbit's dual Artificial Intelligence + Human Intelligence method, makes us the most trusted solution for ensuring all video and audio content, both live and recorded, is accessible to everyone.
The role will be responsible for responding timely to requests for information from Operations and Sales personnel, collaborating with our Development teams to best utilize tools and systems, and assisting our customers with the technological knowledge needed to deliver captioning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The scope of work may include but is not limited to the following:
- Research and analyze any problems or issues that occur with live captioning
- Troubleshoot with customers and captioners to ensure successful caption delivery
- Evaluate and monitor trends of captioning outages
- Partner with broadcast engineering team to help provide best practices for our customers
- Provide technical assistance with essential broadcast equipment
- Assist in testing and training of software solutions
- Partner with software development to perform root cause analysis of outages
- Assist the Sales team with any sales calls that require technical support.
- Create and maintain documentation for clients. (Guides, specifications, technical SLAs)
- Create, run, and analyze reporting that helps direct operational effectiveness and success
- Assist VITAC by researching and discovering new technologies that may assist in caption delivery.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; read professional publications; maintain personal networks; participate in professional organizations.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed.
Requirements for the ideal candidate:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- At least 5 years with previous customer training and customer support.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with multiple departments and meet deadlines
- Basic understanding and working knowledge of system networking.
- Working experience with television broadcasting and Internet technology
- Education – Associates or Bachelor’s degree in relevant or equivalent experience
- 5+ year’s experience in a customer service role
What Makes Verbit Unique?
Verbit’s 500+ individuals share a vision of making all video and audio content accessible to everyone. Verbit’s in-house, AI-based solutions take live and recorded audio and video to the next level with the support of 35,000 human professional transcribers. Our captioning, transcription, translation and audio description are trusted by more than 3,000 customers globally, including leading universities, corporations, legal agencies and media entities to make their content accessible, engaging and interactive!
Verbiez are actively making the world more equitable for individuals with disabilities every day. After achieving the milestone of becoming a “unicorn company” and showcasing 6x revenue growth year over year, we are humbled and still fascinated by this ride. Verbit currently has a market cap of $2B, which is still growing. You too can join our journey toward accessibility and the reinvention of industry practices. Join our offices in New York, San Francisco, Tel Aviv and Kyiv to take advantage of flexible remote work opportunities and work with amazing people.
Do You Have Verbitzer DNA?
Verbitizers have the initiative to bring goals and dreams to fruition with a can-do attitude and the motivation of true go-getters.
We’re a group of:
- Tech-savvy individuals who are always open to more growth and learning opportunities
- Adaptable and flexible people who thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Creative minds who rethink and question how to outperform past results
- Effective communicators who can promote and represent Verbit’s tech and brand
Verbit is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Our compensation for the role ranges between $65 - $70k annually and will align with the candidate’s experience and skill set. In addition, Verbit offers a comprehensive benefits package, including Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Paid Time Off and 401k.