What Makes Verbit Unique?
Verbit’s 500+ individuals share a vision of making all video and audio content accessible to everyone. Verbit’s in-house, AI-based solutions take live and recorded audio and video to the next level with the support of 35,000 human professional transcribers. Our captioning, transcription, translation and audio description are trusted by more than 2,000 customers globally, including leading universities, corporations, legal agencies and media entities to make their content accessible, engaging and interactive!
Verbitizers are actively making the world more equitable for individuals with disabilities every day. After achieving the milestone of becoming a “unicorn company” and showcasing 6x revenue growth year over year, we are humbled and still fascinated by this ride. Verbit currently has a market cap of $2B, which is still growing. You too can join our journey toward accessibility and the reinvention of industry practices. Join our offices in New York, San Francisco, Tel Aviv and Kyiv to take advantage of flexible remote work opportunities and work with amazing people.
Do You Have Verbitzer DNA?
Verbitizers have the initiative to bring goals and dreams to fruition with a can-do attitude and the motivation of true go-getters.
We’re a group of:
- Tech-savvy individuals who are always open to more growth and learning opportunities
- Adaptable and flexible people who thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Creative minds who rethink and question how to outperform past results
- Effective communicators who can promote and represent Verbit’s tech and brand
If this sounds like you, keep reading.
We are currently looking for a Backend Engineer to join our Tel Aviv office.
In this role, you will take part in the development of solutions that enable us to revolutionize the transcription industry. Develop and improve transcription platforms, media ingest and delivery, ASR, NLP, real-time human workforce allocation and the delivery systems which allow our end-users to consume captions and transcripts.
The teams in our R&D department are cross-functional - including backend, frontend and QA engineers and contributing to multiple projects and services. We make an effort to use a modern development stack, i.e. serverless python cloud-native microservices, with react on the frontend.
R&D works closely with other departments including Product, Research, Data Science and Operations.
The Ideal Candidate:
• At least 4 years of experience in software development
• At least 3 years of experience with Backend engineering (Python an advantage)
• Experience with web technologies: HTTP / rest API
• Experience with cloud technologies: docker, serverless, microservices, scaling
• Experience with databases: SQL / no-SQL, document, Redis
• Experience with cloud ecosystems (AWS)
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work efficiently both individually and within a team
• Formal education in relevant fields (CS, Math, Electrical Engineering etc.)
• Experience with large-scale SaaS solutions
• Experience with media streaming technologies
• Experience with performance profiling & optimization
• Experience with C++
• Experience with Speech technologies (ASR, NLP, ML)