About the role
We are currently seeking an IT Manager to join our growing teams at VITAC, a core division of The Verbit Group. VITAC's 35 years of captioning expertise together with Verbit's dual Artificial Intelligence + Human Intelligence method, makes us the most trusted solution for ensuring all video and audio content, both live and recorded, is accessible to everyone.
The IT manager will deliver timely, accurate, and effective solutions, configurations, and problem resolution to Verbit’s ecosystem of desktop and laptop computers, as well as other mobile computing devices. This role actively engages with employees, clients, contractors, and others technical personnel to resolve support requests, participate on projects, proactively support the desktop computing environment, create and maintain documentation, and provide training to technical and non-technical personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Service Desk/Desktop Support Team members globally
- Act as point of escalation and subject matter expert for team members
- Review issue resolution documentation and knowledge articles created by team members to confirm accuracy, maintain adherence to standards
- Assist with department and company-wide projects and initiatives
- If requested, assist with interviewing, hiring, training, and mentoring department staff
- Track trends of service requests and work with clients to mitigate recurring instances
- Review and improve client SLAs and metrics
- Perform advanced troubleshooting, configuration, administration, and repair for end user devices, email, Microsoft Office, file shares, Active Directory, and other infrastructure.
- Maintain a deep knowledge and understanding of all client environments.
- Provide tracking of leased desktop and laptop asset inventory.
- Create and present weekly/monthly reports
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
In order to be great at this job, you’ll need:
- 5+ years working in a fast paced, rapid decision environment
- 5+ years providing direct external customer support (via phone and in person)
- 5+ years providing direct internal employee support (via phone and in person)
- 5+ years providing IT (desktop and software) support
- High proficiency with Microsoft 365 tools and applications
- High proficiency with desktop operating systems, specifically MS/Windows and MAC/OS
- High proficiency with laptop operating systems
- High proficiency with hardware and software technical support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive Customer Service approach and attitude as well as team building skills
- Experience with Windows Deployment Server (WDS)
- Experience with Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- Experience documenting process and procedure for training purposes
- Experience with Helpdesk Ticketing systems (Samanage, ManageEngine, FreshService)
- Experience with interactive meeting technology (WebEx, GoToMeeting, HighFive)
- Experience with mass deployment of software and hardware
- Experience with SaaS and On-premise tools and applications
- Strategic and forward thinking skills
- Previous experience managing global teams and/or multiple locations
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Must participate in a 24/7 rotating on-call schedule on a monthly basis. Will be required to be on-call remotely and may require late night, weekend and overnight availability from time to time. Your semi-monthly pay has been adjusted to include compensation for on-call duties.
What Makes Verbit Unique?
Verbit’s 500+ individuals share a vision of making all video and audio content accessible to everyone. Verbit’s in-house, AI-based solutions take live and recorded audio and video to the next level with the support of 5,000 human professional transcribers. Our captioning, transcription, translation and audio description are trusted by more than 3,000 customers globally, including leading universities, corporations, legal agencies and media entities to make their content accessible, engaging and interactive!
Verbit is actively making the world more equitable for individuals with disabilities every day. After achieving the milestone of becoming a “unicorn company” and showcasing 6x revenue growth year over year, we are humbled and still fascinated by this ride. Verbit currently has a market cap of $2B, which is still growing. You too can join our journey toward accessibility and the reinvention of industry practices. Join our offices in New York, San Francisco, Tel Aviv and Kyiv to take advantage of flexible remote work opportunities and work with amazing people.
Do You Have Verbiez DNA?
Verbiez have the initiative to bring goals and dreams to fruition with a can-do attitude and the motivation of true go-getters.
We’re a group of:
- Tech-savvy individuals who are always open to more growth and learning opportunities
- Adaptable and flexible people who thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Creative minds who rethink and question how to outperform past results
- Effective communicators who can promote and represent Verbit’s tech and brand
Verbit is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Verbit offers a comprehensive benefits package, including Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Paid Time Off and 401k.