About the role
We are currently seeking a Realtime Technical Services Support Technician to join our Operations group at VITAC, a core division of The Verbit Group. VITAC's 35 years of captioning expertise together with Verbit's dual Artificial Intelligence + Human Intelligence method, makes us the most trusted solution for ensuring all video and audio content, both live and recorded, is accessible to everyone.
The role will provide tactical event related support as one of the key members in a 24/7/365 service delivery support team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The scope of work may include but is not limited to the following:
- Provide scheduling services during your shift for all VITAC service lines.
- Proactively respond to alerts from the monitoring system.
- Promptly respond to and resolve scheduling conflicts.
- Maintain, review and process schedule change requests.
- Directly manage connections for all Critical Level customers (“Check In” processing).
- Promptly respond to and resolve all basic event related technical issues that occur on your shift.
- Create trouble tickets when appropriate for emails and messages from Customers and Realtime Captioners.
- When appropriate, escalate all event related issues to appropriate department personnel in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain excellent notes regarding events during your shift.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Requirements for the ideal candidate:
- At least 1 year in a call center based customer service role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work experience in a fast paced, rapid decision support environment
- Direct internal & external customer support (via phone and in person)
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- High proficiency with Desktop Operating Systems (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10)
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware troubleshooting (peripherals and software)
What Makes Verbit Unique?
Verbit’s 500+ individuals share a vision of making all video and audio content accessible to everyone. Verbit’s in-house, AI-based solutions take live and recorded audio and video to the next level with the support of 35,000 human professional transcribers. Our captioning, transcription, translation and audio description are trusted by more than 2,000 customers globally, including leading universities, corporations, legal agencies and media entities to make their content accessible, engaging and interactive!
Verbitizers are actively making the world more equitable for individuals with disabilities every day. After achieving the milestone of becoming a “unicorn company” and showcasing 6x revenue growth year over year, we are humbled and still fascinated by this ride. Verbit currently has a market cap of $2B, which is still growing. You too can join our journey toward accessibility and the reinvention of industry practices. Join our offices in New York, San Francisco, Tel Aviv and Kyiv to take advantage of flexible remote work opportunities and work with amazing people.
Do You Have Verbitzer DNA?
Verbitizers have the initiative to bring goals and dreams to fruition with a can-do attitude and the motivation of true go-getters.
We’re a group of:
- Tech-savvy individuals who are always open to more growth and learning opportunities
- Adaptable and flexible people who thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Creative minds who rethink and question how to outperform past results
- Effective communicators who can promote and represent Verbit’s tech and brand
Verbit is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Our compensation for the role ranges between $18-20/hr and will align with the candidate’s experience and skill set. In addition, Verbit offers a comprehensive benefits package, including Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Paid Time Off and 401k.