About the role
We are currently looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join us and take part in the development of solutions that enable us to revolutionize the transcription industry.
You will be joining an excellent and dynamic team, working with a modern and rich tech stack: AWS, lambda, S3, SQS, EventBridge, ElasticCache, Redis, Dynamodb, RDS (Postgres).
The teams in our R&D department are cross-functional - including backend and frontend and contributing to multiple projects and services.
R&D works closely with other departments including Product, Research, Data Science and Operations.
- Lead features end-to-end from concept and design to production
- Develop both standalone and cross features, by working on multiple services
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency systems and scalable performance
- Write well designed, testable (unit/integration tests), secured and efficient code
- Work closely with other departments like product, operations and other stakeholders
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 6-7 years of experience in software development
- At least 4 years of experience with Python
- Excellent architecture and design skills
- Experience with Web technologies
- Experience with NoSQL DB - advantage
- Experience with micro-services
- Experience with cloud ecosystems (AWS)
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new technologies
- Ability to work efficiently both individually and within a team
- Good communication skills
What Makes Verbit Unique?
Verbit’s 500+ individuals share a vision of making all video and audio content accessible to everyone. Verbit’s in-house, AI-based solutions take live and recorded audio and video to the next level with the support of 35,000 human professional transcribers. Our captioning, transcription, translation and audio description are trusted by more than 3,000 customers globally, including leading universities, corporations, legal agencies and media entities to make their content accessible, engaging and interactive!
Verbit is actively making the world more equitable for individuals with disabilities every day. After achieving the milestone of becoming a “unicorn company” and showcasing 6x revenue growth year over year, we are humbled and still fascinated by this ride. Verbit currently has a market cap of $2B, which is still growing. You too can join our journey toward accessibility and the reinvention of industry practices. Join our offices in New York, San Francisco, Tel Aviv, and Kyiv to take advantage of flexible remote work opportunities and work with amazing people.
Do You Have Verbiez DNA?
Verbiez have the initiative to bring goals and dreams to fruition with a can-do attitude and the motivation of true go-getters.
We’re a group of:
- Tech-savvy individuals who are always open to more growth and learning opportunities
- Adaptable and flexible people who thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Creative minds who rethink and question how to outperform past results
- Effective communicators who can promote and represent Verbit’s tech and brand