About the role
We are currently seeking a Voice Subtitle Coordinator to join our Operations group at VITAC, a core division of The Verbit Group. VITAC's 35 years of captioning expertise together with Verbit's dual Artificial Intelligence + Human Intelligence method, makes us the most trusted solution for ensuring all video and audio content, both live and recorded, is accessible to everyone.
Realtime Voice Coordinators play a vital role in VITAC’s real-time captioning department. Voice Subtitle Coordinators are highly experienced editors.
The shift of this job is Saturday-Sunday 9am-5pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- View live broadcast programming for the appearance of subtitles
- Read aloud the subtitles that appear on the programming into a microphone
- Release the program audio to the Captioner
- Locate appropriate caption/subtitle files by episode located on a server for live display captioning refeeds
- Use attention to detail to ensure that caption file is correct for live broadcast
- Any other duties as needed
Requirements for the ideal candidate:
- High school diploma required
- Strong, quick reading skills
- Clear, strong voice and excellent speech enunciation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work effectively on independent task or work cooperatively as part of a team
- Experience with video equipment is helpful, but not required
- Customer service/retail experience a plus
- Candidate must be able to work variable shifts (including late evenings, weekends, and holidays)
What Makes Verbit Unique?
Verbit’s 500+ individuals share a vision of making all video and audio content accessible to everyone. Verbit’s in-house, AI-based solutions take live and recorded audio and video to the next level with the support of 35,000 human professional transcribers. Our captioning, transcription, translation and audio description are trusted by more than 2,000 customers globally, including leading universities, corporations, legal agencies and media entities to make their content accessible, engaging and interactive!
Verbitizers are actively making the world more equitable for individuals with disabilities every day. After achieving the milestone of becoming a “unicorn company” and showcasing 6x revenue growth year over year, we are humbled and still fascinated by this ride. Verbit currently has a market cap of $2B, which is still growing. You too can join our journey toward accessibility and the reinvention of industry practices. Join our offices in New York, San Francisco, Tel Aviv and Kyiv to take advantage of flexible remote work opportunities and work with amazing people.
Do You Have Verbitzer DNA?
Verbitizers have the initiative to bring goals and dreams to fruition with a can-do attitude and the motivation of true go-getters.
We’re a group of:
- Tech-savvy individuals who are always open to more growth and learning opportunities
- Adaptable and flexible people who thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Creative minds who rethink and question how to outperform past results
- Effective communicators who can promote and represent Verbit’s tech and brand
Verbit is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Our compensation for the role ranges between $13-15/hr and will align with the candidate’s experience and skill set. In addition, Verbit offers a comprehensive benefits package, including Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Paid Time Off and 401k.