About the role
We are currently seeking a Payroll Manager to join our shared services group located at VITAC in Greenwood Village, CO. VITAC's 35 years of captioning expertise together with Verbit's dual Artificial Intelligence + Human Intelligence method, makes us the most trusted solution for ensuring all video and audio content, both live and recorded, is accessible to everyone.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be a part of our Finance shared services vision through working cross functionally as we continue to expand our company footprint. This role will report into Finance; and have 2 direct reports,1 in the US, and 1 in Quebec Canada.
This position is an integral part of our HR and Finance organizations responsible for full-cycle payroll processing oversight in US and Canada for approximately 750 employees (and growing), both exempt and non-exempt population.
- Own twice monthly payroll processing for the US and Canada; including data integrity review for compensation, withholdings, deductions, benefits, PTO management, and garnishments.
- Serves primarily as oversight for end-to-end payroll process, and US processor back-up
- Key stakeholder in financial benefits management, including reconciliations and variance investigation
- Stock plan administrator
- Serves as subject matter expert on all current and future federal, state, and local payroll filing and compliance requirements for US and Canada
- Key business partner with cross-functional departments including HR, Accounting, and Operations who are globally distributed
- ADP WorkForceNow subject matter expert, serves as point of escalation and contact with account reps
- Preparation of payroll financial variance analytics with commentary on key drivers to share on a monthly basis
- Timely and accurate federal, state, including any other government, regulatory or tax related filings
- Key stakeholder in annual 401k audit
- Recognizes and makes continuous process improvement in payroll process
- Key participant in special projects that impact payroll to support business operational growth, and change initiatives
- Mentoring/developing a high performing team
- Provides support to Accounting and Finance for data to record payroll and benefits
- Other duties and projects as directed
Requirements for the ideal candidate:
- 5+ years of management experience in a fluid 50 state, multi-entity payroll function
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Human Resources; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with payroll software ADP WorkForceNow
- Strong Excel skills
- Proven administrative and organizational skills including ability to multitask
- Collaborative change agent who is solution oriented, brings and executes on ideas as it relates to financial acumen
- Strong customer service orientation and proven ability to work with and form rapport with various groups including HR, Operations, and Finance
- Detail oriented, focused, and has the ability to understand complex details
- Dependable to take self initiative to ensure tasks are completed properly and timely
- Experience with equity administration
- Certified Payroll Professional
- SHRM Certification
- Experience with a mid-sized (500+) non-exempt people population in all 50 states
- Experience with equity, and Canada
- Experience in new system implementation and process improvement
What Makes Verbit Unique?
Verbit's 500+ individuals share a vision of making all video and audio content accessible to everyone. Verbit's in-house, AI-based solutions take live and recorded audio and video to the next level with the support of 35,000 human professional transcribers. Our captioning, transcription, translation, and audio description are trusted by more than 3,000 customers globally, including leading universities, corporations, legal agencies, and media entities, to make their content accessible, engaging, and interactive! Verbitizers are actively making the world more equitable for individuals with disabilities every day. After achieving the milestone of becoming a "unicorn company" and showcasing 6x revenue growth year over year, we are humbled and still fascinated by this ride. Verbit currently has a market cap of $2B, which is still growing. You too can join our journey toward accessibility and the reinvention of industry practices. Join our offices in New York, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Tel Aviv, and Kyiv to take advantage of flexible remote work opportunities and work with amazing people.
Do You Have Verbitzer DNA?
Verbiez have the initiative to bring goals and dreams to fruition with a can-do attitude and the motivation of true go-getters.
We're a group of:
- Tech-savvy individuals who are always open to more growth and learning opportunities
- .Adaptable and flexible people who thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Creative minds who rethink and question how to outperform past results.
- Effective communicators who can promote and represent Verbit's tech and brand.
Our compensation for the Payroll Manager role ranges between $90K-$100K annually and will align with the candidate’s experience and skill set. In addition, VITAC offers a comprehensive benefits package, including Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and 401k.
The Verbit Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.