About the role
We are currently seeking a Realtime Technical Services Coordinator to join our Operations group at VITAC, a core division of The Verbit Group. VITAC's 35 years of captioning expertise together with Verbit's dual Artificial Intelligence + Human Intelligence method, makes us the most trusted solution for ensuring all video and audio content, both live and recorded, is accessible to everyone.
Realtime Technical Services Coordinators play a vital role in VITAC’s real-time captioning department. RTS Coordinators are highly experienced editors providing customer and captioner support in a dynamic environment..
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The scope of work may include but is not limited to the following:
- Set up closed captioning for live TV networks.
- Ensure on-air continuity of captions for all shows being captioned.
- Research and transcribe scripted portions of programming.
- Use attention to detail to ensure that caption file is correct for live broadcast.
- Troubleshoot and resolve client issues to ensure continuity of closed captions.
- Partner with Realtime Captioners to set up/test/verify captions for their scheduled program.
- Assist clients and Captioners with various questions about connections, caption placement, etc.
Requirements for the ideal candidate:
- High school diploma required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Candidate must be able to work variable shifts (including late evenings, weekends, and holidays)
- Strong English grammar and proofreading skills
- MS Office proficiency
- Typing experience (moderate typing ability at 35 wpm)
- Ability to work effectively on independent task or work cooperatively as part of a team
- Experience with video equipment is helpful, but not required.
- Customer service/retail experience a plus
- Must successfully pass VITAC proficiency tests.
What Makes Verbit Unique?
Verbit’s 500+ individuals share a vision of making all video and audio content accessible to everyone. Verbit’s in-house, AI-based solutions take live and recorded audio and video to the next level with the support of 35,000 human professional transcribers. Our captioning, transcription, translation and audio description are trusted by more than 2,000 customers globally, including leading universities, corporations, legal agencies and media entities to make their content accessible, engaging and interactive!
Verbitizers are actively making the world more equitable for individuals with disabilities every day. After achieving the milestone of becoming a “unicorn company” and showcasing 6x revenue growth year over year, we are humbled and still fascinated by this ride. Verbit currently has a market cap of $2B, which is still growing. You too can join our journey toward accessibility and the reinvention of industry practices. Join our offices in New York, San Francisco, Tel Aviv and Kyiv to take advantage of flexible remote work opportunities and work with amazing people.
Do You Have Verbitzer DNA?
Verbitizers have the initiative to bring goals and dreams to fruition with a can-do attitude and the motivation of true go-getters.
We’re a group of:
- Tech-savvy individuals who are always open to more growth and learning opportunities
- Adaptable and flexible people who thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Creative minds who rethink and question how to outperform past results
- Effective communicators who can promote and represent Verbit’s tech and brand
Verbit is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
This a full time position that requires work to be performed onsite in our Canonsburg, PA office location. VITAC adheres to all CDC and state health guidelines in regards to COVID-19 safety precautions. As such, the chosen candidate in this position will need to abide by VITAC's COVID-19 Vaccination or Test Policy upon hire.