About the role
We are currently seeking a Python Developer to join our Engineering group at VITAC, a core division of The Verbit Group. VITAC's 35 years of captioning expertise together with Verbit's dual Artificial Intelligence + Human Intelligence method, makes us the most trusted solution for ensuring all video and audio content, both live and recorded, is accessible to everyone.
In this role, you will be responsible for writing and testing scalable code, developing back-end components, and integrating user-facing elements in collaboration with front-end developers.
To be successful as a Python developer, you should possess in-depth knowledge of object-relational mapping, experience with server-side logic, and above-average knowledge of Python programming.
- Coordinating with development teams to determine application requirements.
- Writing scalable code using Python programming language.
- Testing and debugging applications.
- Developing back-end components.
- Integrating user-facing elements using server-side logic.
- Assessing and prioritizing client feature requests.
- Integrating data storage solutions.
- Coordinating with front-end developers.
- Reprogramming existing databases to improve functionality.
- Developing digital tools to monitor online traffic.
Requirements for the ideal candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience as a Python developer.
- Expert knowledge of Python and related frameworks including Django and Flask.
- A deep understanding and multi-process architecture and the threading limitations of Python.
- Familiarity with server-side templating languages including Jinja 2 and Mako.
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources into a single system.
- Familiarity with testing tools.
- Ability to collaborate on projects and work independently when required.
Do You Have Verbitzer DNA?
Verbitizers have the initiative to bring goals and dreams to fruition with a can-do attitude and the motivation of true go-getters.
We’re a group of:
- Tech-savvy individuals who are always open to more growth and learning opportunities
- Adaptable and flexible people who thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Creative minds who rethink and question how to outperform past results
- Effective communicators who can promote and represent Verbit’s tech and brand
Verbit is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Our compensation for the role ranges between $120k - $125k annually and will align with the candidate’s experience and skill set. In addition, Verbit offers a comprehensive benefits package, including Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Paid Time Off and 401k.