About the role
We are currently seeking a DevOps Engineer to take ownership of our company's AWS infrastructure. In this role, you will provide support to developers on various aspects, including AWS, infrastructure, scalability, observability, logging, metrics, and security. Your responsibilities will extend to troubleshooting issues and developing automation software tools to reduce manual work.
- Maintain existing services running across public cloud infrastructure
- Implement security patching, monitoring and logging solutions in AWS cloud
- Automate infrastructure provisioning using Terraform
- Participate in security, scalability, availability, and cost reduction reviews
If you want to join our journey, you’ll need:
- At least 3 years of engineering experience
- Hands-on experience of running software in AWS cloud
- Experience with Windows Servers and SQL Server
- Desire to automate routine administration tasks
- An excellent collaborator with great communication skills, who can take part in a diverse cross-functional team
- Location: Remote, Ukraine
Will be a plus:
- Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience with monitoring solutions like CloudWatch or Prometheus is an advantage.
- Is thrilled when they solve complex engineering and architecture problems
- Experience with Python — an advantage
- Experience with Terraform — an advantage
- Willing to overlap with the Eastern Standard (UTC-5) time zone – an advantage
- Enjoys an enabling role, supporting the team’s velocity and best practices
- AWS Cloud, multi-account
- Infrastructure-as-a-Code with Terraform and Ansible
- Monitoring stack: Prometheus, Grafana, OpsGenie
- Logging with OpenSearch / EFK/ELK (Elasticsearch, Filebeat / WinFileBeat, Kibana)
- Application stack: PHP using MySQL DB; C# using SQL Server DB
- Linux, Windows running on EC2
- RDS: MySQL, SQL Server
- Microsoft Active Directory
What makes Verbit unique?
Verbit’s team is committed to putting our customers words to work! Join a team of 500 incredible individuals who share a vision of making all video and audio content accessible to people with disabilities and more actionable and engaging for everyone. Verbit’s in-house, AI-based solutions take live and recorded audio and video to the next level. We do more than just provide the best captioning, transcription, translation and audio description - we offer helpful insights through Generative AI and other features on top of these tools. With Verbit, our 3,000 customers globally can make the most out of their content, events and conversations. Leading universities, corporations, legal agencies and media entities benefit from Verbit’s customized offerings and verbal intelligence platform which is built for the needs of speech-intensive industries.
Verbit is a double unicorn company with remote work opportunities and offices in New York, San Francisco, Tel Aviv and Kyiv. Join our journey as we make take all verbal information to the next level.
Do you have Verbit DNA?
Verbit’s people are committed to “winning together” through constant collaboration to have an impact on the world. They share a “do good” mentality and apply it daily in their work.
We’re a group of:
· Tech-savvy individuals who are always open to growth and learning
· Adaptable and flexible people who thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Creative minds who rethink and question how to outperform past results
· Effective communicators who can promote and represent Verbit’s tech and brand