What Makes Verbit Unique?
Verbit’s 500+ individuals share a vision of making all video and audio content accessible to everyone. Verbit’s in-house, AI-based solutions take live and recorded audio and video to the next level with the support of 35,000 human professional transcribers. Our captioning, transcription, translation and audio description are trusted by more than 2,000 customers globally, including leading universities, corporations, legal agencies and media entities to make their content accessible, engaging and interactive!
Verbitizers are actively making the world more equitable for individuals with disabilities every day. After achieving the milestone of becoming a “unicorn company” and showcasing 6x revenue growth year over year, we are humbled and still fascinated by this ride. Verbit currently has a market cap of $2B, which is still growing. You too can join our journey toward accessibility and the reinvention of industry practices. We have offices in New York, Colorado, Tel Aviv and Kyiv; however, this position can be purely remote with a preference to remain in the Eastern Time Zone.
Do You Have Verbitzer DNA?
Verbitizers have the initiative to bring goals and dreams to fruition with a can-do attitude and the motivation of true go-getters.
We’re a group of:
- Tech-savvy individuals who are always open to more growth and learning opportunities
- Adaptable and flexible people who thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Creative minds who rethink and question how to outperform past results
- Effective communicators who can promote and represent Verbit’s tech and brand
We are currently looking for a SRE Developer to join our growing team. In this role you will own the company AWS infrastructure, support developers regarding AWS, infrastructure, scalability, observability, logging, metrics and security. You will help with troubleshooting and develop automation SW tools, reducing manual work.
- Design and implement solutions for CI/CD, including simulating new code to test potential improvements or issues
- Ensure a highly reliable system across cloud infrastructure
- Provide solutions for observability on our production deployment (including monitoring, logging) to other engineers
- Driving other teams to security, scalability, availability and cost reduction
- multi-region AWS infrastructure
- AWS ECS as a container orchestrator (we have k8s in our backlog)
- Infrastructure-as-a-Code with Terraform
- A bit of configuration management with Ansible
- Monitoring stack: Prometheus, Grafana, OpsGenie
- Logging with EFK (Elasticsearch, Filebeat, Kibana)
- Build / deploy software with CircleCI
- Application language: Ruby on Rails, Python, using PostgreSQL, Redis
The Ideal Candidate:
- 5-8 years of engineering experience
- Good software engineering skills with experience in running solutions in production; Hands-on approach
- Experience with Docker and with running ECS or Kubernetes in production environments
- Experience with modern service-based CI/CD solutions like CircleCI or Gitlab
- Experience with monitoring solutions like CloudWatch or Prometheus is an advantage.
- Experience with serverless solutions — an advantage
- Experience with Python — an advantage
- Experience with Terraform — an advantage
- An excellent collaborator with great communication skills, who can take part in a diverse cross-functional team
- Location: Remote US Location with strong preference for candidates in the Eastern Time Zone
Verbit is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.