About the role
Are you an IT enthusiast with a passion for providing top-notch customer service and support? VITAC is seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as an IT Support Specialist. As the face of IT Services, you will play a crucial role in configuring, deploying, and maintaining desktop and laptop systems and software for our global employee population.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the setup and deployment of desktop and laptop computers across the organization.
- Provide exceptional support to both remote and on-site users, addressing issues promptly and effectively.
- Support and troubleshoot Microsoft Office software suite, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Analyze and isolate issues, demonstrating strong critical thinking skills.
- Maintain accurate tracking of leased desktop and laptop assets, ensuring efficient asset management.
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, phones, software deployments, security updates and patches.
- Document processes and procedures for training purposes, contributing to knowledge base development.
- Participate in a rotating 24/7 on-call schedule, providing remote support with occasional late-night, weekend, and overnight availability.
In order to be great at this job, you’ll need:
- Positive and customer-centric approach to IT support.
- 2+ years in a fast-paced IT environment, providing desktop and software support.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and desktop/laptop operating systems.
- Strong hardware and software technical support skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Windows Deployment Services (WDS), Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Helpdesk Ticketing systems (Freshservice, Zendesk), and interactive meeting technology (Teams, WebEx, GoToMeeting, Live Meeting).
- Experience with mass deployment of software and hardware, as well as remote control support tools.
What Makes Verbit Unique?
Verbit’s 500+ individuals share a vision of making all video and audio content accessible to everyone. Verbit’s in-house, AI-based solutions take live and recorded audio and video to the next level with the support of 5,000 human professional transcribers. Our captioning, transcription, translation and audio description are trusted by more than 3,000 customers globally, including leading universities, corporations, legal agencies and media entities to make their content accessible, engaging and interactive!
Verbit is actively making the world more equitable for individuals with disabilities every day. After achieving the milestone of becoming a “unicorn company” and showcasing 6x revenue growth year over year, we are humbled and still fascinated by this ride. Verbit currently has a market cap of $2B, which is still growing. You too can join our journey toward accessibility and the reinvention of industry practices. Join our offices in New York, San Francisco, Tel Aviv and Kyiv to take advantage of flexible remote work opportunities and work with amazing people.
Do You Have Verbiez DNA?
Verbiez have the initiative to bring goals and dreams to fruition with a can-do attitude and the motivation of true go-getters.
We’re a group of:
- Tech-savvy individuals who are always open to more growth and learning opportunities
- Adaptable and flexible people who thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Creative minds who rethink and question how to outperform past results
- Effective communicators who can promote and represent Verbit’s tech and brand
Verbit is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Verbit offers a comprehensive benefits package, including Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Paid Time Off and 401k.