About the role
We are looking for an experienced, highly technical R&D Director to lead and grow our cutting-edge research and development team. As the R&D Director, you will be responsible for shaping the future of AI-powered transcription and translation solutions, utilizing the power of the cloud (AWS) with Python/React technologies and implementing a robust CI/CD pipeline.
- Develop and execute the company's R&D strategy, aligning with the overall business goals and objectives
- Build and manage a high-performing R&D team, mentoring and developing individual team members
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the R&D department, including resource allocation and project management
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product management, engineering, delivery and data science, to bring innovative solutions to market
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in AI and related technologies, and identify new opportunities for the company to leverage these advancements
- Be highly technical and hands-on
- Implement and maintain a robust CI/CD pipeline to ensure the efficient and reliable delivery of software
- Utilize DevOps best practices and tools to automate processes, monitor performance, create system observability and maintain stability
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- At least 10 years of xperience leading R&D teams, an AI or technology-focused company is an advantage.
- Strong technical background and hands-on experience, expertise in AWS and Python/React
- Proven track record of leading the development of successful AI-powered products
- Excellent leadership, mentorship, and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to navigate complex technical challenges
- Significant experience with DevOps, CI/CD, and software delivery processes
What Makes Verbit Unique?
Verbit’s 500+ individuals share a vision of making all video and audio content accessible to everyone. Verbit’s in-house, AI-based solutions take live and recorded audio and video to the next level with the support of 35,000 human professional transcribers. Our captioning, transcription, translation and audio description are trusted by more than 3,000 customers globally, including leading universities, corporations, legal agencies and media entities to make their content accessible, engaging and interactive!
Verbit is actively making the world more equitable for individuals with disabilities every day. After achieving the milestone of becoming a “unicorn company” and showcasing 6x revenue growth year over year, we are humbled and still fascinated by this ride. Verbit currently has a market cap of $2B, which is still growing. You too can join our journey toward accessibility and the reinvention of industry practices. Join our offices in New York, San Francisco, Tel Aviv, and Kyiv to take advantage of flexible remote work opportunities and work with amazing people.
Do You Have Verbiez DNA?
Verbiez have the initiative to bring goals and dreams to fruition with a can-do attitude and the motivation of true go-getters.
We’re a group of:
- Tech-savvy individuals who are always open to more growth and learning opportunities
- Adaptable and flexible people who thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Creative minds who rethink and question how to outperform past results
- Effective communicators who can promote and represent Verbit’s tech and brand